Since I found out about the top three most famous sights of Japan as of 1643 (also known as the Three Views of Japan), I always wanted to see one of them. Luckily, I did not find out about them until I was already on the way to see one (Miyajima and its famous Torii gate pictured below), so I didn't have to wait long.
From this picturesque nature-filled island dotted with cute shops and religious shrines we made our way to Hiroshima to make sure we were sufficiently depressed.
Luckily, it poured the whole time we were there in order to emphasize the gloominess. And also to rain out the baseball game we were supposed to attend (Go Carp!). Granted, rained out ball games are significantly less depressing than nuclear war, but still disappointing.
Above: the Atomic Bomb Dome - bomb was detonated approximately 2,000 feet directly above it (the target was the [original version of the reconstructed] bridge I took the picture from)
No comments:
Post a Comment