I've been pursuing my acting career recently so apologies for being behind on travelogues. We get an extra long weekend (4 days!) here in HK for Easter so many people go to exotic beaches in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Since my friend Eden and I waited until the last minute to make reservations, however, the only tickets available were to South Korea. As fellow Asia residents Chrystal and Ben (what up Fukuoka!?!?!) will tell you, there's lots of interesting food (much of it sold on the street) in Korea (actually, their blog post re this topic is way better than mine...you should probably stop reading here and go read theirs). And personally, I've always wondered why gigantic dried octopus tentacles are not more readily available in the U.S.?
Above:
Porkalicious.
Below:
Street food - stuffed miscellaneous sea animal.
Hoping to see these items on a diner menu in the midwest soon. Actually I think that CNN emotions graph would really go through the roof at the mention of bladder moon with those critical Ohio voters.
Step 2.
3 comments:
I can't wait for soy octupus jerky to hit the marketplace. Sounds delish.
For a second I got excited and thought someone had finally beheaded Adam Duritz and was selling his nappy dred head in Seoul, Korea. Then I realized it was just octopi.
You take good street food pics--yummmm. Did you try the octopus?!!! I didn't.
Post a Comment