Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bright Lights Big City

When it comes to Hong Kong, I can think of plenty of things to complain about, such as,  that people always run into me when I'm walking to lunch, the smells of the taxis, the construction noise, the heat, the humidity, how far away it is from all my friends and family, the lack of delicious pizza, the evil glares people give you when you don't push the close door button fast enough in the elevator, the utter disregard for any semblance of cell phone manners, the incessant cloudiness, the fact that they sell bamboo shoot flavored Campbell's soup but not bean and bacon which is clearly the best kind, people's tendency to charge the door of the subway with disregard for anyone who might care to get out, that no one cares about baseball, cockroaches galore, that "medium" is the "largest" size carried in department stores*, the difficulty of finding tortilla chips*...etc...but I must say, it'd be hard to find a city with a better skyline.  

All of the below taken from the 31st floor of the Hennessey in Wanchai (home of Woolloomooloo).  They are having "licensing issues" so its pretty uncrowded at the moment.  I guess it is too difficult to carry wine up from the 30th floor via elevator.  Check it.

View towards Central:
Looking towards Causeway Bay:
Happy Valley and the Racetrack:
Looking towards Central (night view):

*Note that sometimes wearing size large clothes and eating tortilla chips are completely unrelated.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I miss you and your sometimes large, sometimes medium self. Going over to the pizza blog next, really excited for the Domino's post!