Sunday, August 08, 2010

Reasons why I will never be the Don Draper of Japan - Installment 1

My dad says I'm being too rough on the Chinese lately so today I will be picking on another frequent source of hilarity - Japan.

I picked this little flyer up in the mall in Kudamatsu at Gohmann's urging. Good eye, Gohmann!  See if you can guess what it is an advertisement for:
No? Can't guess it?  Take a closer look:
Nothing says "buy a cell phone" in Japanese like a black man dressed in head to toe pink pajamas talking on a cell phone pointing to his forehead while sitting on a pink toilet in a pink room next to a talking toilet paper holder with a dog on it.  Am I right?  I think this little guy is the free gift.
In case anyone was wondering why I have a Japanese mobile phone, now you know.

No comments: