*Title to be sung to the tune of "Free Your Mind" by En Vogue circa 1992. (Special thanks to MissNene1000 for uploading the video to YouTube) (Do you think there are 999 other MissNenes?) (Why have 939,000 people have viewed that video?)
I know this post falls into the category of "uninteresting BS about Hong Kong" but since I take my educating-the-five-people-who-read-this-blog-about-Hong-Kong duties very seriously, here it goes. This is one of my dehumidifiers.
I have two of them. I don't really use them that much in the summer, mainly because as part of my efforts to enlarge my carbon footprint, I have to run the AC constantly, even when I'm not home and also even when I am home and am so cold I have to wear a hoodie and sweatpants while it's 95 degrees and 99% humidity outside. Sometimes I even have to turn my oven on to warm up my hands so I can type these enlightening blog entries.
I recently rediscovered my dehumidifiers' infinite usefulness when two out of three air conditioners in my apartment started dumping buckets worth of water on the floor at random intervals. With a heavy heart, I stopped creating greenhouse gases until the AC man could come by four days later. Don't worry, I will go dump some motor oil in a lake later to make up for it. I stole that idea from this.
I empty the dehumidifiers a lot in the winter (less humidity but no AC during the winter) but HOUP! do those things fill with water quickly in the summer. While I was living in Dante's Fifth Circle of Hell aka my apartment in a Hong Kong summer with no AC, I was emptying both of these water guzzling machines twice a day and every time they were already stopped from being too full by the time I emptied them. They each have 4 liter tanks, which means that I was taking 16 liters of water out of the air in my apt EVERY SINGLE DAY and could have taken more! I'm no math whiz but I think that means that my apartment is officially HUMID AS HELL. Which begs the question, is it humid in hell? Or is it a dry heat like in Phoenix, which is actually kind of what I picture hell to be like? Unclear.
No comments:
Post a Comment