Monday, January 31, 2011

Misery

Saturday was the 2nd annual 50K hike by Team http://www.bestpizzainhongkong.blogspot.com.  We were down a team member due to illness.  Nonetheless, we soldiered on complaining pretty much the whole way stoically.

The starting line:
 The finish line:
As with last year, we engaged in a rigorous training regime consisting of exactly one hike of around 20-25K.  The results of our training are clearly reflected in our time, which as you might notice was 1.5 hours longer than last time.  Hiking Dragon's Back in the dark was particularly fun. And by fun I mean miserable.
In case you can't read this sign, it says: "This section of trail is very difficult and suitable only for experienced and well-equipped hikers."  Note to Hong Kongers:  pajama pants and a pair of keds do not a well-equipped hiker make.  Also pictured below:  Magic Pear, year 2 edition.
I really wanted to quit at around kilometer 43, but I figured that would not make for a very good blog post.  Further, I didn't really want to wait around for a taxi by myself in the cold.
Yay Team http://www.bestpizzainhongkong.blogspot.com!

No comments: