Sunday, February 07, 2010

Pain

Yesterday I hiked the entire Hong Kong trail (50km...roughly 31 miles) as part of an organized charity hike.

Here are a few of my stats:

Time - 10 hours, 25 minutes
Blisters - 6
Number of training hikes to prepare - 1 (for the record I do not recommend this training schedule if you are planning a big hike)
Percentage increase in the size of my hands - 500% (will spare you the pictures - I looked like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man)
Speed at which I was able to walk after getting off the bus from the end point - .01 km/hr
Percentage of people having trekking poles using them incorrectly - 100%
Percentage of people using trekking poles whose eyes I wanted to poke out with said trekking poles  - 100%
Number of people required to attend to a sore knee -  5 (treated with turpentine...which apparently is not just an solvent for thinning paint that is harmful to humans)
This is perhaps the ugliest picture ever taken of each of us, but it is the only proof that we actually finished (at 6:57 pm or so).  Go Team Http://bestpizzainhongkong.blogspot.com!  Yes, that really was our team name.

No comments: