I had the pleasure of hosting my favorite red headed sister and her dude in March for Lorenzapolooza 2011. As Kathleen only eats foods in the Butterfinger group*(I myself prefer the cow group, jungle group and sandwich group), I spent Sunday in the kitchen preparing for her arrival.
Despite these dietary restrictions, we did make it to Tung Po for delicious seafood (cheer up, Scott! We'll get you a Pepsi when we get home!)and to Metropol for dim sum with the friendly lunch crowd near my office.
I took Wednesday off so that we could stroll around town
go to the Nan Lian Gardenand visit Happy Valley Racetrack.
Of course, we couldn't miss the second annual Lorenzian Hong Kong St. Patty's day celebration (we poured one out for our homie Mitchell who was present at the first annual Lorenzian Hong Kong St. Patty's day celebration established 2008).
We also poured one out for Jamberg, as the evening also represented the third annual Dorsey-Jamberg Delaney's Irish Jigfest (established 2009). Scott was flattered to receive a compliment on his hat from a drunk Irishman. The hat was later expropriated by the Thompsons for their cat.
The night ended with the first annual St. Patty's day feats of strength. The winner is yet to be determined.
It was a great trip and I was so happy to spend time with those crazy kids before they got ENGAGED! Congrats guys!
*Can we talk about how this commercial is from 1990 and labeled "vintage" on youtube? Further, I love how the first screen shot is for LA Gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment