As most people in the US gear up to celebrate freedom by barbecuing meats and consuming vast quantities of light domestic lager, I am celebrating my freedom to watch as much terrible American television as humanly possible. Don't worry, I'm still wearing the American flag bandana while doing it, per my usual 4th of July tradition. Actually, let's be honest...per my usual tradition, regardless of the time of year.
But the arrival of the 4th also remind me of my last trip to our great nation, during which I, in no particular order, visited the fam,
caught up on all the important issues facing the Real Housewives of Orange County,rode around San Francisco in a Mexican party bus with some of the coolest kids out there,
ate a lot of burritos,
received my first Sup Bitches themed birthday cake (thanks, Kathleen!),
stopped by Fort Collins, including the New Belgium and Odell Breweries (highly recommend...but it also probably helped in my case that I had excellent company),
visited the sweetest baseball stadium in America (to see one of the worst baseball teams in America, and Chicago's finest, aka Carrie),
and reminded myself what the sky looks like sans Dongguan haze.
USA!
Thanks to the deSchwaltars, Kantro (x3), JP, Carriesha, Lou Lou, Tommy, Kitkat, Domingo, Herbenzo and the Three Minneapoliskateers for an amazing time.
No comments:
Post a Comment