Q: How do you kick off the world's longest most annoying going away party?
A: With the world's craziest dinner.
Start with 25 of your closest friends and a random Cantonese restaurant stationed in a wet market. Add free flowing Harbin, schlamazlicious food and a crazy restaurant owner.
Dancing with the owner is a plus and contributes to the mood.
Taking over a section of the restaurant also contributes to general ambiance.
Don't drink anything unless it is in a bowl.
Note that the place is clearing out...dance some more!
We are basically now the only people in the restaurant...we've already paid our bill, yet beer keeps appearing. The restaurant owner is kissing Eden's boyfriend, and we are all learning how to open beer bottles with chopsticks.
The night ended with holding hands and singing and doing the wave in a circle in an empty restaurant. That seems pretty normal.
Right?
I have to give a special shout out to Brian here because he is the one who introduced the fabulous Tung Po to me (and everyone), and although he was lame and in Europe for this whole extravaganza, he was really there in spirit.
BEST. TUNG PO. EVER.
2 comments:
I am still bitter that I missed this. Nights like this are what I live for. Come back and let's have a do-over.
Post a Comment