Arrival in Chicago! My first iPhone, and my first bedazzled Hello Kitty iPhone cover (courtesy of Lo Wu shopping center in Shenzhen - thanks, Laurie for helping me negotiate to get a bedazzled Hello Kitty calculator included in the price). Mom - I'll send you a hard copy of this photo for my baby book.
Fall Foliage! Featuring...leaves! I remember those.
Fire! I was really excited while looking at Chicago apartments that a lot of them have fireplaces. Pros of having a fireplace: you can have a cozy fire. Cons of having a fireplace: you probably need to have a cozy fire. And, in my case, it makes your house smell like beef jerky (according to the Siblings Lorenz).
Luckily, I love beef jerky. Booyah.
Kewaunee Fall Colors Annual Chili Cook Off! A range of state-themed chilis were presented to judges for consideration based on aroma, taste, texture, appearance, creativity and presentation. Clockwise from top-left: Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, North Dakota.
Alaska!
Hawaii!
Ohio!
Vermont somehow didn't make it into any of the pictures.
The chili cook-off basically confirmed what everyone already knows.
North Dakota is the best!
Props to Dave for giving us the winning edge with his presentation of our North Dakota bison chili, complete with a folk tale about a Sioux chief. He later went on to win some award where he got to speak at the White House, but obviously this overshadowed that achievement.
No comments:
Post a Comment