Well for starters, it was 50 degrees and sunny in January. NEED I SAY MORE!?!? I should probably just quit there, actually, since I eventually had to go sit inside at a desk all day.
Anyway, the day started off with a trip to the James R. Thompson Center to get a new driver's license. Sounds horrible, right? Wrong. The lady behind the counter said I looked like I weighed less than I told her, complimented my coat, and told me what to study for the test. That was nice, since I forgot that I even had to take a test. Then, I passed the test! I'm an officially official Illinois officially resident now, officially. Woot!
Next, I made a trip to the newly opened world's most LUXURIOUS Walgreens, where I got my nails done, grabbed some sushi, and discussed Margaret River cabernets with the resident sommelier. Just kidding, all I did was buy a diet coke.
And admire the candy aisle. As anyone who has been to my office will tell you, I don't exactly suffer from OCD. But I do love a beautifully organized candy aisle. Query: do they really need three rows of Raisinets? I don't think so.
Next, ice skating at Millennium Park with fellow former North Dakota resident Kirsten.
Apart from the 10 hours I spent at the office, it was the perfect Chicago day.
Happy Birthday tomorrow, Tim!
1 comment:
Love that DMV. Really.
Post a Comment