As many of you know, my office is moving from the Prudential Building at the corner of Michigan and Randolph to the Blue Cross Blue Shield building two blocks closer to the lake. While I'm sure the building is lovely, I'm not looking forward to walking an additional two blocks into the screaming, freezing cold Lake Michigan winds. Don't let people tell you that Chicago is nicknamed the "Windy City" because of some 1850s politicians. It is really windy, OK?
Sidenote: Did you know that Chicago tried to steal the nickname Porkopolis from Cincinnati during their rivalry in the 1860s? I am not sure if I'm happy or sad that that didn't catch on.
Anyway, when I came to work this week a sign was posted on the door to my office hallway (see pic). It says: "31st Floor - You're moving!"
Really?
I guess with a bunch of lawyers you can never be too careful to point out the glaringly obvious.
And don't worry, going forward I've secured one of these for my commute. Or would it look better in white?

No comments:
Post a Comment