Monday, September 14, 2009

Typhoons are a crock

Well, here I am, sitting in my apartment. Typhoon Koppu is raging outside - but will it be raging tomorrow? NO! Of course not. It will be over before morning and then I'll have to go to work. At least with blizzards they dump enough snow to incapacitate a town for a day or two. But, as Francis I said, a typhoon is fickle - foolish is he who trusts her.

Now you may not think this little tale is that bad. Well let me tell you the story of a little area of convection cloudiness associated with the monsoon that formed about 200 miles to the northwest of Manila known as Tropical Depression #21 (known alias: Typhoon Mujigae). This little piece of crap pathetic excuse for a typhoon started moving straight towards Hong Kong last Wednesday/Thursday. As far as I can tell all it did was (1) cause obnoxious rainstorms on Thursday and Friday and (2) give me an ulcer because I was worried about my junk trip on Saturday. Well of course the storm turned away from Hong Kong and the clouds parted and the sun shone on Saturday and it was a perfect day to be out on the water. But did it do that before we had to board the bus to the pier in Sai Kung? NO! Of course not. Thankfully, 16 brave souls trusted me and Eden's professional interpretation of the forecast (rain!? what rain? I don't feel any rain!?) and we had a great time. Here is the evidence:






No comments: