In case you aren't friends with me on facebook, don't follow me on instagram, or aren't the lucky recipients of my banjo video texts like my mom and dad, I started playing banjo! I'm not very good, but that doesn't stop me from annoying everyone everywhere I go, including:
in the car,
at Tim's family reunion (I have a feeling I won't be invited back next year),
while camping (although, this was at least partially in retaliation for our camping neighbor's screaming three year old child), and
while entertaining my dad, my brother and my brother's girlfriend in my apartment in Chicago (lucky them!)
Anyway, you can send anyone who I have come into contact with over the last 2 months your condolences as you see fit.
My classes are at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago. I love it there, but I was reminded tonight at my first class of clawhammer banjo two (alternate class name: banjo for people who have been torturing everyone else with their pretend banjoing since early July) just how *interesting* adult education classes are. For example, why does everyone wear Birkenstocks or black combat boots? And why was one of the men in my class wearing an ankle bracelet? And why did he have to tell us about how he was gone from class once during banjo one because he was at a camp for the conservative Jewish movement? And what is that? Also, here is a free piece of advice for you: don't spend $900 on a banjo if you HAVE NEVER played banjo and will probably get sick of it in three months. I know that because I still haven't figured out what to do with the electric guitar I bought in high school... my mom wants to punch me right now...Hi mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment