Saturday, November 07, 2009

LKF Carnival

Everyone knows that the cultures of Brazil and Hong Kong couldn't be more alike. Similarly, everyone knows that Carnival takes place in November. Naturally, therefore, yesterday was carnival in Lan Kwai Fong.


Vikings themed samba dancer. I suggest the Vikings cheerleaders ditch those lame white boots and try one of these little numbers on for size. GO VIKES!
This guy was really cool. He was a Face Changer. He was doing a dance and then his face would magically change. So it wasn't just a clever name.

This is an authentic vintage Hong Kong fireman's helmet. I engaged in extensive negotiations just to borrow it for 15 seconds to take this picture. And I had to leave my empty yard glass as collateral.
Ya know that stereotype that all Asian people have egregiously large and unnecessary cameras and take pictures of of everything? Um...yeah.

No comments: