Thursday, January 07, 2010

Duffy Live at the Acropolis

Hey guys, exciting news! This is my first LIVE BLOG POST! I am *LIVE BLOGGING* to you from the financial printer!!!!

You might be thinking to yourself: Duffy! Why are you so boring that you wrote two posts in a row about work? The answer is: good question!

Another thing you might be thinking is: Duffy! Why are you taking time at 3:30 am when you are allegedly working at the printer to screw around on your dumb blog? The answer is good question! Actually, I am waiting for something.

The purpose of this LIVE BLOG is that I get a lot of questions about the financial printer, so I wanted to let you guys know what its all about. Just moments ago, some ladies came in and brought us blankets and slippers (oh but booyah, I already brought my own). Right now I am having a lime perrier (because it is luxury defined) and a banana (to maximize my carbon footprint). However, there is a smorgasboard of delicious food at my fingertips, including Doritos, oreos, jelly bellys, ice cream, popsicles, sour cream and onion Lays, cup-o-noodle, mixed fruit and crack cocaine!! Sounds like heaven on earth right? WRONG!

What you do at the printer is sit around in a giant conference room with 2 board tables at it and discuss pointless b.s. Meanwhile, acid drips on your soul. If you tire of that, you can go into another room and get a massage from a massage chair. Or, you can watch tv, or read a magazine. But you would never do that, because you want to go home!! That is, unless you are an investment banker, in which case you want to stay as late as possible (ideally until sun-up), even if you are doing nothing, so that you can impress your friends with how late you worked the night before.

Well I hope this helps you understand the printer (except the part about what we are actually printing and why)!

Lorenz out.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Acid dripping on your soul could be the best description of the feeling one has while overnighting at the printers that I've ever heard. Fine work Duffy!